Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Making headway in Preschool




Lily started her 2nd year of preschool, but this year it is at the "big girl school", which is the elementary school and the same school that her daddy teaches at. Her first day was awful. She spotted daddy, wanted to be with him, and cried from 9:15 to 11:30, then slept through lunch and was awoken by the fire alarm. So before her second day of preschool, we were playing it up big; telling her what a big girl she is to be able to go to this school, etc, etc, etc. That night as Curt was saying prayers with her before bed (I was pulling my 12 hour shift at work), she ended the prayer by saying, "and obviously my father hates me; amen." My poor husband was so upset that she said he hated her; I on the other hand was impressed that she came out with the word "obviously", seeing the rest for what it was (manipulation dear). At any rate, she has done well at preschool every day since with no crying or observable discomfort. However, each day as she is leaving, she turns to the teacher and says "goodbye; this is my last day and I won't be coming back." Well, today, Miss Marty let us know that Lily just said "goodbye." So, we are making headway I'd say...........

2 comments:

  1. These are huge steps! Lily is making great progress...and her prayer ending cracked me up...they sure do know how to "play us", don't they?

    Adorable picture, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a hoot! I love it. Love the picture of Lily. She is precious.

    TFS.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete