Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Just asking for a miracle....................




I am leaving for the Chicago area tomorrow to see my dearest childhood and closest friend. We met in the 4th grade and use to trade shoes and tell our deepest secrets, and have continued for the next 40 or so years (not trading shoes so much as she is a size 5-6 and I am about an 8-9. Trying to fit in to a size 5 was a bit tough).



I am sad to say that my dear friend is not doing well and has a rare, but devastating illness called Scleroderma. It is quickly progressing, and is causing her excruciating pain. Although I am a nurse, I know very little about this illness. I have read quite a bit about it since her diagnosis, although I seem to have more questions than ever. If anyone visiting this blog knows or has experience with this illness, please leave a message or send me a private email. I want to make sure I can be there and offer as much support as I can. I am so sad, but feel this is the time to be strong for her. I have experienced miracles, and don't want to be greedy, but am asking for another now.........



Please send good thoughts and/or prayers her way.

1 comment:

  1. Mary, I am so sorry to hear about your friend...I don't know anything about her disease HOWEVER I do believe in miracles...I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete