Friday, June 29, 2007

The Twins Turn 19



Cadence and Colton are now 19. Hard to believe the time has went by this fast. I can remember giving birth to them like it was yesterday (8 pounds each, so hard to forget:). They have enriched my life with so much joy. One of the most wonderful things I've witnessed over the years is how close they have become, although they are so different from one another. They almost seem to celebrate those differences and often talk about how much they appreciate those characteristic about one another. In fact, this year we put twinkies (yes, that is what it is:) on their cake since they always joke around about being "twinkies" instead of twins. One of my favorite things is attempting to fall asleep while hearing mufflings of them sharing stories of their lives with bouts of laughter into the early morning hours. So, I lost some sleep along the way. How could I possibly get upset with that? Anyway, we had a great birthday celebration at the park and look forward to a great summer with them. Then in the fall, it is off to college. We sure will miss them, and I know they will miss each other.



2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday(s)!

    Wow, you had 16 pounds of baby going on! I'm impressed.

    All the best to them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, happy birthday!! Love the Twinkie cake!!

    ReplyDelete